Ham & Bean Soup
- 2 to 3 Ham Hocks
- 1- 16 oz. bag of dried Pinto or Navy beans (or you can use 3 - 8oz. cans of cooked beans)
- 3 C. Cubed Potato's
- 1/2 C. Diced Onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parsley, to garnish before serving (optional)
The night before- Cover beans with water and soak overnight. This helps the bean to cook more evenly.
- Set crockpot temperature to high.
- Put Ham Hocks in and cover with water, approx. 2 quarts.
- Add Beans, Onion, and seasoning.
- Slowly cook for 6 hrs. or until Ham is loose and falls off the bone.
- Add potatoes and simmer until they are soft.
Serve with your choice of crusty bread, salad and sliced cheese.
You can find these Ham Hocks at our store.