Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
We enjoyed that "extra" hour of sleep over the weekend, but these cold mornings are a bit, well, CHILLY!
If you are a busy parents like we are, school mornings come way too soon for the kiddos, especially to crawl out of their cozy warm beds. This seems to be a bit more of a struggle the older children get :)
Here are a few tips we have found helpful.
1. Early bedtime. Our youngest (2nd Grader) heads to bed at 7:30- 8:00 The other teens are supposed to be headed there soon after.
2. Play soft music in the mornings.
3. Individual alarm clocks for each child, they work out a schedule who gets the bathroom first, and must allow enough time for their morning chores etc.
4. AND, a good healthy home cooked breakfast! There is nothing like smelling something delicious to chase away those morning grouchy attitudes. Our children love cereal but I try to save that for a treat, or when I overslept!
I do not cook like this every morning, but below is one of our children's favorite breakfast foods.
- 1 lb. Olde Tyme Meats Country loose sausage
- 2T. Onion, chopped
- 6T. Flour, heaping
- 4C. Milk
- 1/4t. salt
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Chili powder
Cook Sausage in large saucepan until browned. Add onion and cook until soft. Drain, discarding all but 2T. of drippings. Stir in flour. Cook over Med. heat for 5 min. or until mixture turns golden brown. Whisk in milk. Add seasoning and cook until thickened.
Serve with your favorite Biscuits.
Yield. 4 to 6 servings
On Sale this week.
Virginia Ham $4.89lb. (reg. $5.89lb)
Pepper Jack Cheese $3.99lb (reg. $4.99lb)
Swing by Olde Tyme Meats this week and say "Hi" to the team. And check out the sales and pick up some of your favorite products.
All the best,
Aaron & Gina Peachey